I have had a sore area in my throat on the right side only and have not been sick. What could cause this? No lump can be felt.

Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Right throat sore
I would have your doctor or a throat specialist (ENT) have a look at the are your are concerned about.
To determine what is causing your sore throat, and how to resolve it, additional information is needed. Do you smoke? Have you ever smoked? What do you do for work? Do you have reflux or heartburn? Is it difficult or does it hurt when you swallow? How are your tonsils? Hoarseness?

In brief: Right throat sore
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Peter Kurzweil