I had anal unprotected sex with a man last week and my anus was bleeding for some time and it stopped within the next day. I have no pain and no other symptoms. I need to know if this is alright and do I need to see a doctor ?

Dr. Alvin Lin
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Rectal bleeding

Rectal bleeding immediately after anal intercourse is most likely from trauma whether fissure or injury to hemorrhoids.
With that said, it's also possible that bleeding was coincidental such that anyone over 50yo requires colonoscopy for screening. Best to discuss situation w/your Family Doc - whether to screen at 30yo depends upon Family History & symptoms eg pencil thin or ribbon flat stool

In brief: Rectal bleeding

Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Adam Levy