I have this constant stabbing sensation on the left side of my throat, the pain intensifies when I swallow, and my ear seem slightly clogged. Help!

Dr. David Dinhofer
Radiology

In brief: Pharyngitis

Pharyngitis/laryngitis is often caused by a virus but may be due to bacterial.
Gargling with warm salt water can often alleviate symptoms. If it gets worse or doesn't go away, visit a doctor for a complete evaluation.

In brief: Pharyngitis

Dr. David Dinhofer
Dr. David Dinhofer
Dr. John Feola

In brief: R/O TONSILITIS

LATYNGITIS and recurrent sore throats can cause tonsillitis .
You need to be examined and have a throat culture. If that is negative then blood work needs to be done to evaluate for other issues, especially H. pylori. It is the ulcer causing bacteria that can cause halitosis//Gerd as well as laryngitis.. Make sure to brush and floss teeth 3x/dy. Also use a specially designed tongue scraper

In brief: R/O TONSILITIS

Dr. John Feola
Dr. John Feola
Dr. Arnon Rubin