MY 12yr old son has a lump on his breast, it was painful but now he says its not. he is adhd and on concerta. I been told its puberty. Is it?

Dr. JJ Janoyan

In brief: Breast lump.

All lumps are not the same.
Several factors determine the urgency of the lump. If it involves both sides, it it more likely to be related to hormonal changes with puberty. I would recommend a formal consultation or evaluation with primary care physician.

In brief: Breast lump.

All lumps are not the same.
Dr. JJ Janoyan
Dr. JJ Janoyan

In brief: Likely is

About 1/3 to 1/2 of all males will go through enlargement of one or both nipples/breasts during the earlier stages of puberty.
It can be tender and last months to a year or so.Extra weight can masquerade as breast enlargement. Your doc can confirm this.It has nothing to do with his meds.

In brief: Likely is

Dr. Jonathan Jassey