28wks pregnant. Found out at ob appt today baby is footling breech. Ob wants to monitor cervix fortnightly. Is this dangerous? Scared of cord prolapse?

OK to monitor. Though I wouldn't be so concerned about your cervix unless it were open or if there were concern about preterm labor, it is reasonable to regularly see your obstetrician for prenatal care. Ultrasounds to evaluate your baby's position and switch from breech to cephalic are important and just b/c it's breech now doesn't mean it'll be breech later. See your doctor ASAP if you have pain/discharge.