I had surgery to remove my gall bladder last Tues and have not been able to have a bowel movement yet. At what point do I get alarmed if no movement ?

Dr. Tony Willson

In brief: About now

As you are going on one week it may a cause for some concern.
If you haven't eaten much this past week it isn't surprising however as long as you are passing gas and not having abdominal pain or swelling it's not an emergency. Check with your surgeon tomorrow. But if you are having pain get seen right away. Best of luck!

In brief: About now

Dr. Tony Willson
Dr. Tony Willson
Dr. Corey Clay
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Soon

Maybe not yet cause for alarm, but definitely time to notify your surgeon.
S/he may want to provide you with something to get things moving. Beware, they will be asking if you've had gas. Good luck!

In brief: Soon

Dr. Corey Clay
Dr. Corey Clay
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery