What does it mean when your upper left side throbs from my side to my back hurt an feel sore when applying pressure?

Dr. Charles Cattano
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: LUQ anatomy

Anatomically, the left upper quadrant (luq) of abdomen includes: spleen, pancreatic tail, stomach, descending duodenum, splenic flexure of the colon, associated vessels.
Don't forget the diaphragm, heart, and lower chest are pretty close by. The abdominal musculature, ribs, and skin can all contribute as well to localizing luq pain. Get examined now please for clarity of diagnosis & treatment.

In brief: LUQ anatomy

Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams

In brief: Possibilities....

There are too many possibilities and too little information to tell you what it means.
I don't know how long this has been going on, whether or not you have other symptoms, the type and severity of pain & other relevant information. Pain is the body's way of telling you something's wrong but it can't tell you what. Unless the pain has gone away by the time you get this, please see a doctor.

In brief: Possibilities....

Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
Dr. Arnon Rubin