I am a 29 female, I have had horrific lower back pain, and now suffering painful left hip to foot pain (constant, uncomfortable) i'm confused?

Dr. Stephen Daquino
Sports Medicine

In brief: Radiculopathy

A radiculopathy, or nerve root pain, may be the cause.
If a bulging disk or another inflammatory condition in the low back progresses enough, it may eventually put pressure on a nerve root. This would cause pain in the distribution of the nerve, or in the case of the nerves in the low back, right down to the foot. I would go be seen by your doctor. A disk bulge or other problem can be seen on mri.

In brief: Radiculopathy

Dr. Stephen Daquino
Dr. Stephen Daquino
Dr. Jeffrey Barke

In brief: No need to suffer

Low back pain is very common and is treatable.
Before you treat you must first be diagnosed. As you compensate for your back pain you put more stress on other areas of your body often leading to more pain. A good family doc can help sort out the cause of your pain and direct you toward treatment plans. Rest, gentle stretching, ice, all play a role in treatment. See a doc for proper diagnosis!

In brief: No need to suffer

Dr. Jeffrey Barke
Dr. Jeffrey Barke
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Many possibilities

Foot pain could be as a result of many different things.
A thorough history and physical exam and possibly some laboratory and radiology exams are needed to determine the exact cause. Causes of pain may include: trauma (fracture, sprain, arthritis), infection, metabolic conditions (gout), musculoskeletal or biomechanical abnormality and neurologic conditions (neuropathy).

In brief: Many possibilities

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Jane Van Dis