I got cold chills and a sore throat today does that mean I will have a full blown cold or can I quickly take something to cut it out???

Dr. Yvonne Duffe

In brief: Your Immunity

Cold chills and a sore throat signify that your body is fight off something but how well it will succeed depends on your own immunity and the virulence of the infection.
Viruses may hit hard and fast but then usually begin to get better in 3-4 days with resolution in 7-14 days. If you get sick again after this it is usually bacterial. You may just fight it off if u r in good health.

In brief: Your Immunity

Dr. Yvonne Duffe
Dr. Yvonne Duffe
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine