Can bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) cause my ankles to swell am taking it for a UTI?

Here are some... Yes, ankle edema associated with Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) use occurs in 50 yrs. However, to testify if this is in you, you may try on and off Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) for a 2-3 week cycle and see if that happens to you since its long-term use may be optional and can be replaced with other antibiotics. So, talk with Doc timely to discuss its significance and how to deal with it. Best ...