Last night I had a pimple on top of my upper lip , I put some toothpaste on & woke up having it burning my skin & really red.now it red, peeling ?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Not recommended

Use benzoyl peroxide topical cleanser or see your PCP for evaluation.
Using any toothpaste on an inflamed pimple can cause more redness and irritation. Please, save the toothpaste for your teeth only, and save your skin.

In brief: Not recommended

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin

In brief: Dermatitis

So many people write in with posts like yours.
Your skin is sensitive to some of the ingredients in the toothpaste, and you've now got a minor chemical reaction.Keep the area clean and it should heal just fine. In the future save the toothpaste for your teeth and use products on your face that are formulated for that purpose. Feel better soon...

In brief: Dermatitis

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis