Hey doc, so I've had this "rash" for some time now. A few weeks actually. My friend had scabies and I was around him a day or two after treatment and then a week or two later I start itching on my legs ankles backs if my knees and nowhere else really. I t

Dr. Nadia Ghattas

In brief: Rash

Scabies is very contagious.
You need to see your doctor for treatment with permethrine cream to apply as directed & repeat in 1 wk, also benadryl (diphenhydramine) & hydrocortisone cream can alleviate the itching but permethrine cream is the main treatment. Wash clothes, towels & sheets in hot water & dryer. Use ironing as needed. Itching usually persists for a while after treatment.

In brief: Rash

Scabies is very contagious.
Dr. Nadia Ghattas
Dr. Nadia Ghattas