If I walk as exercise everyday and stay around 1300 calories a day, how much weight can I expect to lose in a week? I have 55 lbs to lose.

In brief: Weight loss

That will depend on a number of things.
How many calories will you be burning per day? It is about (roughly) 100 calories per mile. It takes 3,500 calories to burn a pound.

In brief: Weight loss

That will depend on a number of things.
Dr. Diane Minich

In brief: You have to

burn off 3500 more calories than you take in to loose 1 pound.
A healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week so it will take you 6-12 months to loose 55 pounds. Remember you did not put on the weight overnight and you will not loose it fast.

In brief: You have to

Dr. Diane Minich
Dr. Diane Minich
Dr. Daniel Bates

In brief: Eat a little more

You actually want to shoot for a higher calorie goal.
Diets less than 1500 calories per day are very hard to stick too, usually end up in bingeing due to deprivation, and at this level your body enters a starvation mode and you will hold onto fat stores even harder. Shoot to balance your diet and exercise so you are net -500 calories per day (3500 Cal or 1lb per week). Try myFitnessPal for iPhone.

In brief: Eat a little more

Dr. Daniel Bates
Dr. Daniel Bates
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine