Can a high fever trigger the onset of migraines? My son spiked 107 from flu a couple months ago and has since had many headaches and 3 migraines.

Yesk. Illness can trigger a migraine headache. You did not indicate how old was your son, and how old either you or his father were when your first headache occurred. You should speak to your child's doctor about management.
Not particularly. There are many contributors to the headache phenomenon including stress, diet, sleep status, illness etc. The fact that he hit 107 several months ago does not mean he suffered brain injury that would cause headaches later. If anything, such an illness may allow a migraine pattern to emerge at an earlier age than it might otherwise.