For the past two weeks I've experienced a wetness with a light color discharge that has an odor, my period started but only light color blood. Spots for a day the next it was dark brown discharge?

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Probably BV

Bacterial vaginosis is a common condition in women where the normal balance of bacteria in the vagina is disrupted and replaced by an overgrowth of certain bacteria.
Bv is not a sexually transmitted disease. It causes vaginal discharge that is usually white or gray. Most complain of a fish-like odor noticed especially after intercourse. It is treated with metronidazole.

In brief: Probably BV

Dr. Jane Van Dis