Lump on the back of neck, almost 15 years old, it was pea sized lump with no pain. Since yesterday he is feeling pain with inflammation. Help pls.

Dr. Hiro Kiguchi

In brief: Lymph node

I'm sorry he isn't feeling well.
The lump is most likely an inflamed lymph node. Lymph nodes get bigger and tender when fighting off an infection. The infection may be close by (scalp may have lice or ringworm, a local skin infection, for example). Once the infection clears, the lymph node should also subside. If it doesn't, another reason will have to be investigated. Best to go see his doctor!

In brief: Lymph node

I'm sorry he isn't feeling well.
Dr. Hiro Kiguchi
Dr. Hiro Kiguchi
Dr. Jonathan Jassey