Hello. Will quitting smoking cold turkey, affect my medications in any way? I'm using 200 mg Lamictal and 150 mg Zoloft (sertraline). Any dangers reagarding this?

Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Quit, and soon.

Are you really concerned that quitting smoking will affect your medications? The list of reasons to quit smoking is so long, and the potential benefits so great, any minor effect on your medications is negligible.
If you are very concerned about this talk with the doctor who prescribed your Lamictal and Zoloft (sertraline). Regardless, at your age, if you stop smoking, your life will be so much better.

In brief: Quit, and soon.

Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Dr. Douglas Arenberg
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology