I have a small non painful lesion (slightly swollen) on my left little finger just below the start of the nail. This nail has a furrow since. Why?

Dr. Stephen Noga
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Doc needs to see

Hard to say what it is but something like this that is painful and has changes in the nail may be an infection.
Even fungal infections can present this way. They can be treated but you have to let a health care professional take a look at it first. Even urgent care can do this for you.

In brief: Doc needs to see

Dr. Stephen Noga
Dr. Stephen Noga
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Many possibilities

Abnormal nail growth can be due to genetics or due to tight shoes, trauma, fungal toenail infections, cancer and incorrect cutting of the nails.
One should always try to cut the nails strait across to avoid leaving an embedded nail spicule. Have it looked at by a professional.

In brief: Many possibilities

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat