I want to start taking vitamins to help me feel better day to day. There are so many different kinds, how do I know which is best for me?

Dr. K. Olson
In brief: Which vitamins
To determine which vitamins to utilize, ask yourself what symptoms or problems are you hoping to treat.
It may be worthwhile to report these to your md to see if there are underlying medical problems. Some of the vitamins can assayed in blood tests, for example, b12, d, folate, (folic acid) b6, and with more expense others. Supplements in particular at high doses can actually contribute to illness. Eat right.

In brief: Which vitamins
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. K. Olson
In brief: No Magic Supplements
Beyond a normal dose, vitamins are not utilized by the body.
The non-water soluble vitamins can cause serious damage in overdose. If you think that your diet is inadequate, a daily multivitamin tablet can insure that you are getting the minimum required for health. Loading up on any vitamin is, at best, a waste of money and, at worst, a good way to poison yourself.

In brief: No Magic Supplements
Dr. William Drescher
Dr. William Drescher
Dr. Peter Kurzweil