Can secondary transfer of cat allergens into another home be contained? I am a single parent of a 9yo. He sees his mom alternate weekends. She is alle

Dr. John O'Malley
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Transfer of Allergen
I would ask the mom's allergist what can be dome to prevent her son from carrying cat allergens.
Since it is such a common life arrangement (living with cats and dogs) that I am sure you can get the answer from the doctor (via your wife).

In brief: Transfer of Allergen
Dr. John O'Malley
Dr. John O'Malley
Dr. Joshua Davidson
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: It's tough
Cat allergen is notoriously "sticky.
" studies show that it can remain in a home for up to one year, even after a pet is removed. School classrooms are also places where children bring in cat/dog allergen from their respective homes. The best thing to do is consider an air filter and regular carpet cleaning, if possible. A hepa filter will trap any airborne pet dander and minimize exposure.

In brief: It's tough
Cat allergen is notoriously "sticky.
Dr. Joshua Davidson
Dr. Joshua Davidson
Dr. Jonathan Jassey