I have a recurrent colorectal cancer. Just finished with chemorad. Waiting to go for surgery however doctor mentioned stenting uterus during surgery.

In brief: Stenting ureter!

I think you mean stenting ureter, not uterus! ureter will be stented in cancer operation to avoid any injuries to the ureters.
during cancer operation they do a lymph node dissection and they stay wide away from the colon for a good clean margin and to surround the cancer lymphatic drainage.and if there is a local spread to surrounding tissue, ureter will be vulnerable for injuries.

In brief: Stenting ureter!

Dr. M. Hytham Beck
Dr. M. Hytham Beck
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery