Can waking up on an empty stomach make you nauseous ? Can having an empty stomach make you feel nauseous ?

Dr. Daniel Bates

Irritation of the stomach caused by too much stomach acid (if you have a bit of heartburn) can make you feel nauseous.
I would try taking an OTC acid blocking medication like Prilosec and see if the symptoms improve after a few days. Of course, morning nausea in a woman of childbearing age makes me think of pregnancy, so you might want to rule that out with a home test if you could be pregnant.

Dr. Daniel Bates
Dr. Daniel Bates
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham