My scalp is itchy and the crown is sore. There are no flakes, sores, or hair loss. What could it be? This has been for a year.

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman

In brief: Scalp itchy/sore

Consider coconut oil massage when showering rinse off or rinse w/ 1 part apple cider vinegar, 3 parts water or massage olive oil and then place paste of baking soda on scalp for 1/2 hour and rinse.
Consider Nizoral (ketoconazole) shampoo (if no allergy)-for fungus. May be allergic reaction to foods ( I have seen that) . Would also check for lice . F//U w/ dermatologist and allergist for food allergy testing

In brief: Scalp itchy/sore

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman