I'm not sure if I'm pregnant. I took a hospital urine pregnancy test & it was negative, but it was 2 weeks after unprotected sex. How accurate is it?

Dr. Megan Debell

In brief: Good to check again

Most urine pregnancy tests will be positive 4-6 weeks after your last menstrual period, which may be about 2 weeks after ovulation (usually about 2 weeks after the first day of your period).
Not every episode of unprotected sex will result in pregnancy. If you miss your next period or if you are having symptoms, the $10 pregnancy test from the drugstore is the same as a hospital urine test.

In brief: Good to check again

Dr. Megan Debell
Dr. Megan Debell
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham