Its necessary to have a colonoscopy when you are of the age of 50, Should one get one sooner if Colon cancer is in the family? What age

Reason &indication. Yes, in asymptomatic general population surveillance colonoscopy done at age of 50 the common age for colon cancer If you have symptoms , including genetic predisposition above rule does not apply , done at any age. Age is no exception to cancer Do not get panicky Speak to your doctor and go for preliminary simple investigations first, before under taking complex tests.