What are the symptoms of alcohol poisoning?

Dr. Howard Greller
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Serious

Alcohol is a central nervous system depressant.
Drinking too much can lead to a coma and loss of protective reflexes that prevent you from aspirating and keep you breathing. People can vomit and aspirate it into their lungs. They can be so drunk, they can stop breathing. These effects are magnified if alcohol is used with other meds that are sedating, like opioids or benzodiazepines. Be careful!

In brief: Serious

Dr. Howard Greller
Dr. Howard Greller
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Alcohol poisioning

Is a serious & sometimes fatal consequence of drinking large amounts of alcohol in short period of time.
It affects your breathing, gag reflex & heart rate, leading to coma. Needs emergency medical treatment thru breathing support, I.V. Fluids & vitamins.

In brief: Alcohol poisioning

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine