What are some reasons my period would last longer than usual when i've been on birth controll for 10months?

Dr. Stephen Sudler
In brief: Several
By "birth control", i will have to assume you mean oral contraceptive pills, and phrase my answer that way.
After a period of time there can be changes to the uterine lining (thinning or thickening) that can cause changes in your menstrual flow. This can usually be corrected by a change in your prescription to another brand of pill. Other causes could be enlarging fibroids, thyroid dysfunction.

In brief: Several
Dr. Stephen Sudler
Dr. Stephen Sudler
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham