What is dysphagia?

Dysphagia. Dysphagia means difficulty swallowing. There are many different causes. This does not include painful swallow, which goes by the term odynophagia.
Problems swallowing. Dysphagia is difficulty swallowing. This can be to foods, liquids, or both and can be from blockage, tight esophagus, or actual inability to swallow due to a nerve problem. Not to be confused with odynophagia - pain with swallowing.
Swallowing problems. Dysphagia is the medical term to describe swallowing problems. It does not refer to a specific cause.