Woud you please discuss the costs for lap band vs. Gastric bypass surgery?

Dr. Gregg Nishi
Bariatrics

In brief: Cost of bypass

That varies tremendously.
If you have great insurance, it could cost you nothing. If you paid cash for a bypass at a hospital, it can cost you upwards of $30, 000. The average cash price for a band is close to $20, 000 but there are chop shops that will do it for as little as $13, 000 (and even less in mexico). I would not bargain shop. I have seen a lot of complications from these bargain places.

In brief: Cost of bypass

That varies tremendously.
Dr. Mark Gujer
Anesthesiology

In brief: They

Are similar with respect to surgical fees but you are hospitalized longer after a gastric bypass on average.

In brief: They

Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology