Started taking reglan (metoclopramide) it really helps but afraid of side effect will it fix my slow stomach after I stop taking it or do you have to keep taking it ?

Dr. David Ziring
Pediatrics - Gastroenterology

In brief: Metoclopramide

It only works within about a half hour of taking it as its in and out of your system relatively quickly.
Side effects are related to dose. If you haven't yet had any side effects, as long as you are under the care of your physician, you may continue to take it. Hopefully there will be some newer promotility agents approved by the FDA soon.

In brief: Metoclopramide

Dr. David Ziring
Dr. David Ziring
Dr. Marsha Davis