How do you get rid of dark acne spots?

Many options. Using topical bleaching creams, retin-a, retinol, glycolic acid, salicylic acid can help. Also important to avoid sun exposure which would intensify the dark spots. If topicals don't work, then turn to your doctor to get a procedure such as lasers (noninvasive lasers work best on pigment with less side-effects), ipl, chemical peel, glycolic or salicylic acid peel, microdermabrasion.
Laser Skin Treatment. Dark (or pigmented) acne scars and dark spots (lentigos) can be reduced with the use of topical bleaching creams such as hydroquinone and kojic acid (available over-the-counter and through prescription) which typically need to be applied daily for a number of months before significant fading of the spots is observed. Chemical peels and laser skin resurfacing treatments in-office are effective.