What gout medications can be taken with warfarin?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Avoid NSAIDs

Warfarin is a blood thinner, so you would want to avoid other medications that thin the blood; the most common of which are NSAIDs.
Steroids and colchicine are the two most commonly used for an acute gout attack that are relatively safe to use with warfarin. Your doctor would still need to follow your inr closely.

In brief: Avoid NSAIDs

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Jay Abeles
Podiatry

In brief: Acute?

If this is an acute attack I assume you are talking about then you are very limited.
First of all if you know you have gout then I hope you are managed by an internist or Reumatologist. For an acute gout attack the options are Steroids, low dose and short term such as a Medrol (methylprednisolone) dose pak, Colcryss, and or possible Steroid injection. All of these options should only be administered by a doctor.

In brief: Acute?

Dr. Jay Abeles
Dr. Jay Abeles