Which type of shoes are best to wear to cure/prevent plantar fasciitis?

Dr. Mark Galland
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Treatment options

In addition to shoes themselves.
.. Treat w/ rest, ice massage, otc anti-inflammatories, & stretching the foot/ heel throughout the day. Make sure you are wearing shoes w/ an appropriate amount of arch support... Consider wearing night splints... Prp or steriod injections may be considered after the above options. For more information please see

In brief: Treatment options

In addition to shoes themselves.
Dr. Mark Galland

In brief: Replacement insoles

Shoes with removable insoles.
Take the insoles out of your shoes and replace them with ones that have more cushioning and support. I like spenco products. The one i recommend most is the spenco polysorb cross-trainer insole. This will give you cushioning at heel strike and help decrease the impact on your knee. It may not have an "immediate" effect though. See an podiatrist if symptons persist.

In brief: Replacement insoles

Shoes with removable insoles.
Dr. David Hettinger
Dr. David Hettinger
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine