My eyes are always red even when I don't ware my contacts I use eye drp for contacts and for red eye and it does not go away?

Dr. Theodore Wu
Ophthalmology

In brief: Red eye

Your eyes may be red for several reasons.
1) they may be dry. 2) they may be irritated from the contacts. 3) they may be lacking oxygen due the contacts 4) you may have allergies. Most otc drops for redness have temporary effects and may cause rebound redness. Use artficial tears, take your contacts out when they hurt, and don't sleep in them.

In brief: Red eye

Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Theodore Wu
Dr. Michael Ehrenhaus
Ophthalmology

In brief: Dry eyes

You may have chronic dry eye and/or blepharitis.
Using artificial tears regularly in addition to cyclosporine, loteprednol, azithromycin, and possibly a punctal plug placement may be needed. A thorough eye exam will be very helpful.

In brief: Dry eyes

Dr. Michael Ehrenhaus
Dr. Michael Ehrenhaus