I have a clicking in my ear when chewing.

Dr. Farhad Sigari
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Jaw clicking?
Clicking of one's jaw upon opening and closing is very commonly a sign of TMJ (jaw joint) disorder. It is common in those that grind there teeth at night.
It can lead to pain in that area that is can be confused with ear problems. A dental visit will be worthwhile for these patients.

In brief: Jaw clicking?
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Farhad Sigari
2 comments
Thanks FS for completing my answer. We are both right, and whether it's TMJ or Eustachean tube will be easy to settle on examination.
Pathology
In brief: Common
Usually this means the eustachean tube isn't fully closed.
You can probably ignore this. If it becomes a major nuisance, an otolaryngologist might be able to help.

In brief: Common
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management
In brief: See OFP specialist
It is possible that your jaw is slightly displaced, a problem called TMJ .
See OFP specialist they are expert in this field.

In brief: See OFP specialist
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial
In brief: TMJ disk displaced
Having popping/clicking TMJ noises not necessarily a problem. Many people experience these noises.
Without pain or limitation of function the noise itself is not an issue. If you have locking or limited movement, "ear" pain, headaches, morning jaw stiffness/soreness, difficulty chewing, bruxism, previous jaw injuries or other jaw conditions, the problem is more serious. Then see a TMJ specialist.

In brief: TMJ disk displaced
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery