I was told I have a stomach virus on Saturday, I am feeling better but still weak and nauseous, how long until I'm back to normal?

Dr. David Weissman

In brief: Gastroenteritis

Stomach viruses, also called gastroenteritis, can last from anywhere from a few days to about two weeks, depending on the particular virus, the patient, and other underlying diseases.
Also, it depends on whether or not the diagnosis was accurate to begin with. Drink fluids, and eat a BRAT diet (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast), get plenty of rest/sleep.

In brief: Gastroenteritis

Dr. David Weissman
Dr. David Weissman
Dr. David Ziring
Pediatrics - Gastroenterology

In brief: Stomach viruses

Stomach viruses can linger for one to two weeks before they resolve, but on average they usually resolve in about 5 days or so.

In brief: Stomach viruses

Dr. David Ziring
Dr. David Ziring
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine