If I go on a protein only diet for a month, and I keep exercising, is it possible to lose muscle? Or would I only burn bodyfat?

Dr. David Wyatt

In brief: Proteins = good

I high protein diet is a great way to lose weight - and keep muscles healthy - but nutrition - is really what gives the fat storage the fuel they need to burn body-fat - > so high-er protein is good - all-protein - no.
.. If you can - do a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio of protein: carbs - you will see burning of body fat and keep muscle tone as long as you continue to do toning exercises.

In brief: Proteins = good

Dr. David Wyatt
Dr. David Wyatt

Excessive exercise with inadequate caloric intake, even on a high protein diet, can potentially result in muscle loss.
A balance in diet and exercise results in better weight loss. Consistency is the key. Moderate reduction in caloric intake coupled with exercise long term will result in better sustained weight loss. Don't look for a quick fix. The results won't last.

Dr. Matthew St. Laurent
Dr. Matthew St. Laurent
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine