How risky are cervical epidural injections for some one with ddd severe canal stenosis and foraminal stenosis and 2 herniated discs c3/c4 and c7T1?

Dr. Felix Brizuela
Neurology

In brief: Just as risky

just as risky, is for someone without these findings.
Risk do not increase, based on severity of the disease for which you are doing the epidural. Which in your case, is spinal stenosis.

In brief: Just as risky

Dr. Joshua Rovner
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Epidural Risk

Cervical epidural injections are usually a relatively safe procedure with very rare complications.
However, in the face of severe stenosis I think there is much more risk and much less potential for benefit. I would not recommend epidural injections with severe stenosis.

In brief: Epidural Risk