Trace of protein in urine what does that mean? The dr said its nothing to worry about.

Dr. Jack Rubin
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Trace of protein

You need to have a 24 h hour urine collection to see how much protein in your urine/day.
Protein excretion by a diseased kidney is not constant, rather it is sporadic over 24 hours. That is why a 24 hour collection will tell you if your proteinuria is a problem or not. See your physician and see if you can have that test ordered. Good luck.

In brief: Trace of protein

Dr. Jack Rubin
Dr. Jack Rubin
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Trace of Protein

Trace of protein in urine without any other symptoms and with all the other tests being normal can be harmless and normal under certain conditions.
Like exercise or cold exposure.If all other tests are normal and you doctor has assured you that there is nothing to worry.I will not worry and may be get it repeated sometime in future . I presume the test was done by lab and not dip stick,

In brief: Trace of Protein

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Lewis Hassell
Pathology

In brief: Urine protein

Trace urine is often trivial, but may indicate early kidney disease.
Healthy kidneys filter waste from your blood and keep the healthy components, such as proteins like albumin. Kidney damage can cause proteins to leak through your kidneys and leave your body in your urine. Albumin is one of the first proteins to leak when kidneys become damaged. The microalbumin test may be helpful to exlude dz.

In brief: Urine protein

Dr. Lewis Hassell
Dr. Lewis Hassell
Dr. Peter Kurzweil