How do you treat a burn from boiling hot water on my arm? Do I need to go to the doctor? It's no longer painful, just read.

Dr. Lawrence Kale
Occupational Medicine

In brief: Thermal burns

I'm assuming that the area was cleansed well after the burn and if it's only red, then there was no blistering.
Most minor thermal burns like this are readily treated for a few days with a topical antibiotic (neosporin, bacitracin) or a a moisturizing lotion that contains a large component of aloe vera. Pure aloe vera is the best. These burns typically heal in 10 days or less.

In brief: Thermal burns

Dr. Lawrence Kale
Dr. Lawrence Kale
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology

In brief: Size?

If it is small cold compresses initially to decrease damage amd topical salve such as aloe vera will help.
If however it is a large area it is best to see do tor. They will prescribe burn cream to prevent infection amd promote healing. Color change and scarring are possible complications which need to be considered.

In brief: Size?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried