I take 20mg lipitor, (atorvastatin) my cholesterol was222 but is under 100 now. Should I stop taking this statin. I want to take moringa. Is it safe to take the 2?

Dr. Joel Gorfinkel
Cardiology - Cardiac Electrophysiology

In brief: Moringa?

Had to look up Moringa.
It is an herbal tea that is supposed to help a whole host of ailments. could not find any contraindications to use with any specific drug. Probably ok to use with lipitor, (atorvastatin) a statin. Ck with nutritionist. You got a remarkable reduction in your cholesterol with only 20 of Lipitor (atorvastatin). Check with ur doc if dose appropriate 4 u. Need to know ur LDL & HDL before & since therapy.

In brief: Moringa?

Had to look up Moringa.
Pathology

In brief: Consult doctor

If would not be wise to stop taking statin without consulting the doctor who prescribed it and I would suggest that you not discontinue taking it.
Moringa is not a regulated medication. See this site for information, I reiterate that you consult your doctor before treating yourself. http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1242-MORINGA.aspx?activeIngredientId=1242&activeIngredientName=MORINGA

In brief: Consult doctor

Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine