I take sertraline (zoloft) for depression and got sick. Would it be safe to take Benadryl (diphenhydramine) while taking my sertraline?

OK but Caution. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) together with sertraline may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, & difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience some impairment in thinking & judgment. You should avoid/limit use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you. Max Benadryl (diphenhydramine) dose is 300mg/d.