Lexapro (escitalopram) 5 mg, I noticed my pupils get really big, is that normal? Also I feel numb.. like my feelings are shut off? Can I take ativan to help me sleep

Dr. Douglas Bey

In brief: Apprehension?

Most patients are on 20-30mg of lexapro (escitalopram) & it takes 2-3 weeks to start to work & about 6 to be fully effective.
Some pts are slow metabolizers and reach a higher blood level with a small dose. My guess is that you are worried about loss of control & anticipate a negative outcome--discuss your concerns with doc. Also no problem taking Ativan 0.5 with it.

In brief: Apprehension?