What is the best treatment for acute painful Attack of Gout Background Hypertension hypercolesterolemia uri acid treated with allupirenol and now 6.

Dr. Jessica Allan

In brief: Depends

I like Colcchicine.
Common practice in the US is to use Colcrys oral O.6 tabs. For Gout Flare: (2 tabs) 1.2mg PO x 1 dose; wait 1 hour take 0.6 (1 tab) (max of 1.8 in 1 hour) Wait 12 hours to resume prophylaxis dose. Some doctors use other NSAIDs like Indomethacin or Naproxen. Some doctors use Steroids; all depends on clinical picture. Set up Rx plan with MD. Review all meds diet and fluids.

In brief: Depends

I like Colcchicine.
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine