How do you prevent throbbing headaches during your menses. I get them on the first day and the last couple days. H/As under control except that time.

Dr. William Coutts ii

In brief: Water and minerals

Make sure that you are staying well hydrated, mainly with water. Drink 1 1/2 to 2 qts water daily, especially during your period.
Eat several servings of fruits and vegetables to increase your mineral and vitamin intake. Get a magnesium/calcium supplement and take a dose three times per day. If diarrhea develops, cut out the middle dose or take a half dose three time a day .

In brief: Water and minerals

Dr. Olav Jaren
Neurology

In brief: Treat during menses

For many of my patients, I recommend some kind of medical treatment during menses, such as the simple remedy, 200 mg ibuprofen three times a day for 3-4 days.
It also helps with most uterine cramps.

In brief: Treat during menses

It also helps with most uterine cramps.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham