My vagina hairs are curly but how can I prevent from getting acne/bumps after shaving , is there something I can use ? Or do ?

Dr. Sheila Calderon

In brief: Review with your doc

You are on many meds for a young person and I would caution you about shaving the vagina.
The bikini line area is the area that is safer to shave and to avoid secondary acne, abscesses or folliculitis you may want to wash with betadine soap you could buy at the drugstore. With a vaginal bacterial infection discuss avoiding more problems with your doctor. Be well.

In brief: Review with your doc

Dr. Sheila Calderon
Dr. Sheila Calderon
Dr. Warren Wolfe
I have recommended that females who want to shave the bikini area use men's shaving cream and a disposable safety razor, changed frequently to insure an easy shave without nicks. Otherwise Dr. Calderon's comments are very good.
Dr. Natalie Hodge

In brief: Not especially

There is not any good treatment to prevent shave bumps in the area.
Except electrolysis, which is expensive.

In brief: Not especially

Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Natalie Hodge
2 comments
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
MUST you shave there??? Consider laser. Consider depilatory cream.
Dr. Warren Wolfe
I have recommended that females who want to shave the genital area use men's shaving cream and a disposable safety razor changed frequently to insure sharpness and avoid nicks. Al;so it may be wise to apply an after shave balm (not alcohol based) that is usually at the drugstore with shaving supplies.
Dr. Jane Van Dis