Home treatment for coldsores?

Many. Topical use of lavender, tea tree and melissa essential oils can be helpful. Oral use of vitamin c at doses of 2000mg per hour can also help. Decrease the dose if you get loose stools. Applying hydrogen peroxide topically can be useful as well.
L lysine products. Otc meds that contain the Amino Acid l lysine are thought to be helpful. Other products may provide symptomatic relief but do not stop viral replication like the prescription meds accomplish. Personally, no otc product has helped me over the years. My wife believes carmex is helpful and I never argue with my wife. Ggapp.