I tend to open my eyes wide when wearing contact lenses, which causes some eye fatigue. Is this normal? Should I consciously close up my eyelids a bit as if I am wearing glasses?

Dr. Georgia Latham

In brief: It is common

to open your eyes wider while wearing contact lenses, especially while getting use to them. If your eyes are becoming fatigued while wearing contact lens, you should decrease the amount of time that you are wearing them, in order to allow your eyes to adapt.
Try wearing the contacts for only 4 hours/day for a few days, if your eyes do not feel fatigued, gradually increase the number of hours/day

In brief: It is common

Dr. Georgia Latham
Dr. Georgia Latham
Dr. Arnon Rubin