My LO is 4 weeks old and she is grunting and straining all night and all day. When I put her to sleep she is fine for one hour but after that she starts grunting and straining. I tried giving her gas drops and gripe water but I guess this helped only for

In brief: May be her normal

Infants often make odd sounds and seem to strain in the usual course of their day.
If she is feeding,sleeping, stooling and growing okay I would not assume she is in pain. If the process bothers you enough, have her doc examine her to see if there is any issues to treat, if not, let her be.

In brief: May be her normal

Dr. Adam Levy