Do food allergies cause long term damage? Newly diagnosed: tomato, barley, tree nuts, coconut. Mild positives: wheat, soy, peanut, egg. How to manage?

Dr. Gary Steven
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: No

Food allergies do not cause long term damage, but it is unlikely that you developed true food allergies at your age.
And that is quite the laundry list of positive tests. It sounds to me like someone who really doesn't understand food allergies put on a bunch of skin tests or, more likely, ordered a boatload of blood tests. See a board certified allergist to get a more accurate interpretation

In brief: No

Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Jack Hinkle